All about mustard
The subject of the talk at the April meeting of the Social and Wine Circle was mustard. Coleman’s is the household name for mustard and it all started in 1814 when Jeremiah Coleman took over a mustard business near Norwich. The business later moved to Carrow in Norwich and by the 1880s employed over 2000 people. It acquired several other manufacturers and became one of the UK’s most successful businesses. The Mustard Shop opened in Bridewell Alley, Norwich, in 1973 to celebrate the 150th anniversary of Coleman’s. It is now in the historic Royal Arcade and has become one of Norwich’s popular tourist attractions. The speaker, Nick Cook, had brought along several historic items from the Coleman’s archive and also samples of the many products that include Coleman’s Mustard.