Put your pictures on show
There are two local items that could attract those people with an interest in photography.
On Saturday 27 April Old Buckenham is holding its annual Gardening Event at the village hall from 10am until 1pm. As part of this the Village Environmental and Recycling Group are running a garden related photo competition. If you enjoy gardening and photography then this could be just made for you. Prizes will be awarded for the winner and runner-up in each category with an overall winner and special children's prize. Also all visitors to the Gardening Event will be able to vote for their favourite photo.
The competition rules are:
1. Maximum of one entry per category
2. All entries must be submitted as prints
3. As this is a garden related competition all photographs must be taken in a garden
4. Images must be the copyright of the entrant
5. Entries must have a label on the back giving name, phone number, category and title
6. Entries must be submitted with entry fee to the village shop, Old Buckenham Stores, between Monday 22 April and Friday 26 April.
7. Prize giving will be at 12.30pm in the Village Hall on Saturday 27 April.
8. Entries may be collected after 1pm
9. Winning entries maybe featured in the Old Buckenham Newsletter and other local media.
10. By submitting entries you agree to the rules of the competition and the decision of the judges.
To enter you need to complete an entry form available from the shop (or you may be able to print it from the image posted on this blog on Tuesday 22 January). Then take it with your pictures to Old Buckenham Stores between Monday 22 April and Friday 26 April along with the entry fee (for adults it is 25p per photo, free for under 16s).
So there is still time to take some photos in your garden. The six categories are:
1. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
2. Winter Wonderland
3. My favourite spot in the garden
4. Wildlife in the garden
6. Blowing in the wind.
Even if you do not enter you can come along to the Gardening Event to see all the entries on display.
There is free admission to this event with lots of stalls and nurseries with plants and gardening sundries for sale. There will be a 50/50 stall if you have things to sell, a raffle and refreshments will be available.
If you would like to put some of your favourite photographs on display in a non-competitive environment then you may be interested in the Bucks Photoshow which will take place in New Buckenham Village Hall on Friday 31 May to Sunday 2 June.
Admission will be free and the event is open to all photographers in New Buckenham and the surrounding villages. This is a chance to put your work on public show. The Bucks Photoshow will be widely advertised and you can expect a lot of visitors to see your work.
The arrangements all very simple: for just £14 you rent an 8ft x 4 ft display board and on it you arrange however many of your pictures you wish - it's your space and your choice. If you can't fill a board, you can arrange to share with another photographer.
You put up your pictures yourself before the show opens on the Friday evening and take them down after the show closes on the Sunday lunchtime. It's up to you whether you offer your work for sale.
Applications to enter need to go to Charles Oxley firstname.lastname@example.org please, with a cheque payable to New Buckenham Village Hall Trust, not later than Monday 24 May. Your application will be acknowledged and you will receive some guidance notes.
If the event is oversubscribed, display boards will be allocated on a 'first come first served' basis, giving priority to exhibitors who live in New and Old Buckenham and the immediately surrounding villages. If you have any queries now, please send Charles an email for more information.